Most models go through a carefully considered design process of planning and defining the most appropriate material and build method for the required finish. We produce engineering CAD for prototyping, breaking the whole item down into machinable components for assembly and finishing. Prototypes can include mechanisms ranging from simple to the complex like the Jaguar XF's rotating telescopic gear shift that Synapse developed.
A wide breadth of experience of working with different materials and finishing processes has given us an invaluable database of knowledge and suppliers:
• Surface treatments including anodising, plating, bead blasting, laser etching, polishing, metal brushing
• Rapid prototype 3D printing
• Spray finishing in cellulose, enamels, lacquers, soft touch coating
• Model graphics including art working, dry transfers, screen printing, vinyls, water slides, laser etching
• Vacuum casting in flexible, semi flexible and rigid materials
• Soft materials including fabrics, felt, neoprene, leather
• Electronics and programmable LED lighting including cabin interiors
Prototype Engineering . . .